Sunday, March 16, 2008

Three Wise Guys: Urinal Etiquette

(Joe Heim, Justin Rude and Dan Zak in the Washington Post)

Dear Wise Guys:

I was recently using a urinal at a large public rest stop when the guy next to me cut the cheese in a big way. When I looked at him with disgust, he said, "Hey, if you can't do it in a bathroom, where can you do it?" Is he correct, and if so, are there other places where this would be acceptable?

Louie

Dan: First, men are supposed to ignore each other at urinals. Second, it's not like this guy tackled and forced you into a Dutch oven. Third, I argue that audible flatulence is acceptable everywhere because it brings immediate and sometimes sustaining levity to any situation. Except for funerals. I learned that one the hard way.


(By Danny Hellman)

No comments: